Monday, March 17, 2008

Hubba Bubba


We all love to chew gum, and definitely bubblegum when we were young kids. We would go to the supermarket and beg mom, dad, or our older sister even for 50 cents so we could buy that pack of Bubble Yum gum. Then when you got it we would put 1 piece in our mouths or maybe 2 and begin chewing. At least I know that I did. Now, it was time to start blowing those bubbles. I can remember having contests with my brother to see who could blow the biggest bubble and now, I can't even remember who won most of the time.

Today though, people are very big on sugarless gum, even myself, and classic bubblegums like Bubble Yum and Bazooka are not as popular these days. I use to love the mini comic strips in Bazooka gum!

Anyways, I wanted to know who holds the record for blowing the biggest bubblegum bubble and found out that the record belongs to Susan Montgomery Williams. She made this record in 1994 and the bubble that she blew was 23 inches wide. Wow! I think I may start practicing again, thats one big bubble!

No comments: