Monday, March 31, 2008

Wo Baby

I find it to be slightly alarming and idiotic that senior citizen women want to give birth to babies. I feel that women who are 65, 66, and so forth should not even be thinking about having children, but every now and again I will hear a story about an older woman, going in for invitro fertilization and 9 months later giving birth to a baby.
Doesn't this seem like a death wish, I mean, how long will women who become mothers at such an old age be around for their children? Not long right? There are chances that these women won't see their children graduate from college, get married, have grandchildren. They'll miss all the 'moments'.

Also there are many health issues that older people face...I just can wrap my brain around the logic that these women have.

The woman who now holds the record for being the oldest woman to give birth is Adriana Iliescu. She is currently raising her daughter who she gave birth to at age 67. She is very happy though and was quoted saying:

I am happy! It's a very big feeling, which I didn't have many times in my life. I feel fulfilled, like I have achieved my greatest desire."

I wish her the best of luck!

No comments: