Friday, February 15, 2008

Odd collection?

Okay, sometimes I hear things that are really silly. Especially when it comes to collections, so today I was looking for people who have the most of something in the world and I came across this woman who loves penguins and has a collection full of penguin stuff. Her name is Birgit Berends and she has a grand total of 2,520 penguin things. From little figurines to cute plush dolls, to posters. This woman from Germany has been collecting all of her penguin nic nacs from 1990. After I found that out it made me think of my own collections and as silly as it may seem I collect anything Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh! Yeah, I am no longer a child but that is what I like to do. I have plush dolls of Eeyore from Florida, figurines from happy meals, pez heads, magnets, pens and the list goes on. I started my own collection when I was about 10 and each yesr it grows even more.

I am sure that most people have collections but just don't own up to it. Dont be embarrassed if your collection is something out of the ordinary like that of Birgit Berends. I have a collection of a classic cartoon character. You may have a collection of old records or a collection of baseball cards. Other people are more unconventional and have collections of bubble gum wrappers or the gag bags that are on airplanes. Weird but true!

No comments: