Sunday, February 3, 2008

Stretchy!


Ah ha ha ha! That is the first thing that I think of when I look at this picture. Then I say, well maybe this guy was obese, lost a lot of weight and now has really lose skin. Perhaps he was thinking of getting it removed but then changed his mind because he discovered that he would make the record for the man with the most stretchiest skin. The truth behind this man though is that he has a medical condition called Elhers-Danlos Syndrome. His name is Garry Turner, from England, and as of 1999 he holds the record for Stretchiet Skin. But his skin is not the only thing that is extra stetchy,so is the inside of his body. Turner's organs and everything else internal is susceptable to collapse along with the fact that his blood vessels can rupture at any time.
Now, I suppose first impressions are not everything because what I thought to be light hearted is really a life threatening condition. I would really hate to have to worry about hypermobility of my joints everyday. Now, hypermobility is when your joints move more than the average person, you have extended motion. Stuff like this has many side affects and can cause early deaths. Its cool to look at but I dont want parts of my body to be moving around in awkward positions, do you? On the other hand, Garry Turner seems to enjoy every moment of his 'talent'.

No comments: