Sunday, February 24, 2008

Pumpkins

Random!

Today...I had pumpkin on the brain, I know weird...but I know that people grow pumkins all over the world so I was interested in knowing who holds the record for growing the largest pumpkin in the whole world. Well, the world record belongs to Joe Jutras from North Scituate, Rhode Island. Back in 2007 he brought the 1,689 pound pumpkin to a fair in Massachusetts and beat the record from the previous year held by Ron Wallace who had a pumpkin that weighed in at 1,502 pounds. Both records are outstanding-just out there though.

I mean gosh, you must really like gardening if you are gonna grow something like a huge pumpkin, tomato, or even peach which kinda reminds me of James and The Giant Peach. You guys remember that movie? The whole thing I find funny-growing extra big fruit.

I wonder how long it took for him to grow it and what on earth did he plan on making with it?Possibly pumpkin soup, or maybe pumpkin pie?

No comments: